The passion that SteamWorld fans have for the many fantastic titles our talented team at Image & Form have released over the years, along with the excitement for upcoming games like SteamWorld Headhunter, has always been clear to me and everyone else at Thunderful. That’s why it’s so cool to get the opportunity to talk to you about how the SteamWorld universe is coming to Curious Expedition 2 in the new Robots of Lux DLC. It’s also a wonderful chance to introduce many of you to our popular and ever-growing narrative roguelike Curious Expedition 2!
The story here starts with the troublesome experiments of Lux Lab’s Edibot who has accidentally torn a hole in the universe. Fortunately for us, that results in sucking in some characters from SteamWorld and bringing them to the Jules Verne-inspired world of Curious Expedition 2. These new explorers bring oil, smoke and steel to a mysterious world waiting for you to uncover its spectacular sites and secrets. If you love SteamWorld Heist as much as me, then you’ll be equally delighted to hear that this includes the addition of Captain Piper Faraday, as a playable explorer, along with the Naturalist, a brand new character with some very fun abilities.
The naturalist character brings a fun new power to the table, allowing you to tame the unusual and dangerous wildlife (and yes, that includes a giant crab) that you encounter while exploring using Edibot’s new Luxballs, offering you the potential to fundamentally change your approach to each adventure.
And that’s not all! Along with these two new explorers, Robots of Lux adds three new recruitable humanoids: two more SteamWorld favourites in the form of Billy Gill & Valentine Butterbolt and a white hairy giant, the Yeti. There’s also a new recruitable and mountable Robot Chameleon, a new Paris location, new equipment and new items. This makes the DLC both a real treat for fans of the SteamWorld universe and yet another substantial addition to Curious Expedition 2’s fascinating world, roster of characters and expanding systems.
In fact, here’s a full list of everything included in Robots of Lux for you:
- Two new expedition leaders: Piper Faraday from SteamWorld Heist, and the Naturalist, who is able to tame almost any creature in the game using Edibot’s new Luxballs, including the Giant Crab!
- Three recruitable humanoids: Valentine Butterbolt & Billy Gill (from SteamWorld Heist), and the Yeti.
- The Robot Chameleon, a recruitable (and mountable) animal.
- A new Paris location: In the Old Theatre, you can freeze a character for later use. Also, shop for robotic team members and equipment.
- Three pieces of equipment: Plasma Spider, Shield Belt, PR3-S5.
- Two pieces of animal equipment: Buzz Saw and Tesla Coil.
- Seven new items: Coffee, Coffee Beans, Artificial Meal, Battery, EdiBot Map, Prototype Remote Control, Field Kitchen.
I can’t wait for SteamWorld and Curious Expedition 2 fans alike to experience this new content for themselves. And if this is your first exposure to Curious Expedition 2, let me assure you that there’s a world of possibility ahead of you! Discover treasure, choose whether you seek out the legendary Golden Pyramid, or recover the legendary Rainbow Orchid, meet new cultures and encounter all manner of fauna and flora in a world of surprises that delivers new adventures every time you play. Happy adventuring!
Curious Expedition 2 – Robots of Lux
Thunderful Publishing AB
Xbox Launches “Project Amplify” to Support Black Youth Interested in Gaming Industry Careers
Learning to Get Back on the Board with Session: Skate Sim
Saturnalia, a Survival Horror Adventure, Comes to Xbox